Hello, my name is Joseph (Jo) Botros. Welcome to my resume.
5+ years of experience in antenna design and testing, RF circuit design, and EMI Experience
- Advanced knowledge of MATLAB, HFSS, ADS, Cadence, SolidWorks, WIPL-D, AWR Microwave Office, and Genesys
- Experience with RF front-end design and testing, advanced knowledge of LNAs, basic knowledge of mixers, oscillators, and power amplifiers
- Proven ability in antenna design for various applications in RF bands including experience with antenna testing and debugging
- Working understanding of digital signal processing (DSP)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Agile learner and effective problem-solver
- Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
- Master of Applied Science, September 2017 - December 2019
- Bachelor of Engineering, September 2012 - April 2017
- Tallysman Wireless Inc., Kanata, ON, Antenna & RF Design Engineer, June 2018 - Present
- Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Research Associate, May 2017 - January 2020
- Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Teaching Assistant, September 2014 - December 2019
- Coveloz Technologies Inc., Kanata, ON, FPGA Designer, January 2016 - August 2016
- MDA Corporation, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC, Antenna Engineering Intern, May 2015 - December 2015
- Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique (INRS), Varennes, QC, Research Assistant, May 2014 - August 2014
- Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Research Assistant, May 2013 - August 2013
- J. Botros, “Multi-Layer Aperiodic Dielectric Stack Structures for High Performance Electromagnetic Spectral Shaping from mm-Wave to mid-IR Frequencies", Master’s Thesis, Carleton University, 2020.
- M. K. Emara, J. Hautcoeur, G. Panther, and J. Botros, “Filar Antenna Element Devices and Methods,” US Patent Application No. 16/858,997, 2020.
- J. Botros, M. O. Ali, R. E. Amaya and S. Gupta,"Direct Thermal Emission Testing of Aperiodic Dielectric Stack for Narrowband Thermal Emission at mid-IR,” in the Journal of Applied Physics 127, 114502, 2020.
- J. Botros, M. K. Emara, R. E. Amaya and S. Gupta, “Millimeter-wave Bandpass Frequency Selective Structure Using Stacked Dielectric Slabs,” in the European Conference on Antennas & Propagation (EuCAP), Copenhagen, Denmark, March 2020.
- Chair, IEEE Ottawa Young Professionals (IEEE, 2021)
- Vice-Chair, IEEE Ottawa Young Professionals (IEEE, 2019 - 2020)
- IEEE Ottawa Outstanding Affinity Group Award, 2019
- IEEE Canada Outstanding Young Professional Affinity Group Award, 2019
- IEEE Young Professionals Hall of Fame Award, 2020
- Founder of IEEE YP Run, IEEE Ottawa Young Professionals (2021)
- Bible Club Moderator, St. Joseph Coptic Orthodox Church (2020 - Present)
- Sunday School Servant, St. George & St. Anthony Coptic Orthodox Church (2013 - Present)
- Youth Trip Organizer, St. George & St. Anthony Coptic Orthodox Church (2017 - 2020)
- Notetaker, Paul Menton Centre (Carleton University, 2013 – 2015)
- Volunteer, Terry Fox Run (Terry Fox Foundation, 2013)
Awards & Nominations
© Joseph Botros | email@example.com, 2021.
- University Medal for Outstanding Academic Achievement Nomination (2020)
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award Nomination (2018, 2019)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2017 - 2018)
- Senate Medal for Outstanding Academic Achievement (2017)
- Dean’s Honour List and Faculty Scholarship (2013 - 2017)
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (2013, 2014, 2017)